Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This crunchy, nutty salad is also a great vegetable side dish.
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
2. Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook about 1 minute more, until both vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain well in a colander.
3. Mix the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and honey in a large bowl. Add the green beans, snow peas, and scallions and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Prepare ahead: The green beans and snow peas can be blanched and the dressing prepared up to 4 hours ahead; reheat the vegetables in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, and add the dressing.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today