Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This crunchy, nutty salad is also a great vegetable side dish.
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
2. Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook about 1 minute more, until both vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain well in a colander.
3. Mix the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and honey in a large bowl. Add the green beans, snow peas, and scallions and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Prepare ahead: The green beans and snow peas can be blanched and the dressing prepared up to 4 hours ahead; reheat the vegetables in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, and add the dressing.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.