Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Turn leftovers into a fabulous soup the day after enjoying these flavorful Tuscan-style baked beans scented with fresh rosemary and enriched with Pecorino Romano.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add parsley, sage, rosemary and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until the garlic is softened and the herbs are fragrant. Stir in tomatoes with juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
2. In casserole dish, stir together tomato mixture, drained beans and half of the Pecorino Romano. Add enough cold water to cover beans; stir well. Cover casserole and bake for 2 ½ hours or until beans are tender, testing for doneness every 30 minutes. (Cooking time will depend on freshness of the beans.)
3. Remove and discard rosemary branches, which should be bare. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the surface. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer or until cheese is golden. Serve from casserole.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings