Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Nutty scones with a hit of sweet chocolate.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
1. In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed until blended, for 2 minutes. With mixer running, drop in chunks of butter, mixing until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the beaten egg aside. Whisk together remaining egg, cream and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and, using a fork, stir just until dough starts to bind together.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead in chocolate chips and pecans. Continue to knead dough just until it holds together, about 6 times. Shape into a ball and pat into a 10-inch (25 cm) circle. Place on prepared baking sheet.
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 18 wedges. Do not separate wedges. Brush with reserved egg. Bake in preheated oven until light brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve warm.
Food Processor Method
1. In work bowl fitted with metal blade, process flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined, about 10 seconds. Add butter chunks around work bowl; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 10 times. Set 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the beaten egg aside. With motor running, add remaining egg, cream and vanilla through feed tube and process just until mixture starts to gather. If dough is tacky, refrigerate for 5 minutes. Proceed with Step 2 above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.