Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This delicious, fiber-rich cake has a healthful profile.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter two 8in (20cm) round cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, baking powder, allspice, ginger, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and half the zest. Beat with an electric mixer set on high speed about 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
2. Spread the batter in the pans. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Invert, peel off the paper, turn right-side up, and cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, make the frosting. Beat the cream cheese, remaining orange zest, and confectioner's sugar. Add enough orange juice to make a spreadable frosting. Spread ½ cup of the frosting over 1 cake layer, top with the other layer, and frost with the remainder.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today