Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Wild mushrooms are so easy to find in grocery stores nowadays that it is a crime not to use them. They add big flavor to soups, and we love the colors and shapes for the visual interest they add.
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, green onions and salt; sauté until mushrooms have released their liquid and are browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Gradually whisk in stock and wine. Add beans and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in cream, cayenne and salt and black pepper to taste; reheat over medium heat until steaming, stirring often.
3. Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with chives.
To clean mushrooms, you can either rinse them quickly in water or wipe them with a damp paper towel. Mushrooms will be much happier in your refrigerator if you store them in a paper bag.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin’ Donuts.
Members save 10% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba’s Italian Grill.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today