Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Here’s a slaw made for winter, with Italian radicchio, fresh fennel endive, and tart sweet apple, all tossed with a light, ginger-enhanced vinaigrette. This is not a salad that can be made hours ahead of time, though. You can, however, prepare the vinaigrette and cut all the vegetables and toss them together just before serving. This slaw goes really well with the Simplest Pork Roast or any roasted poultry. It’s delicious piled onto a leftover sandwich.
1. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, and ginger together in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Season to taste as needed, and set aside.
2. Place the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the vegetables, and stir to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today