Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Here’s a slaw made for winter, with Italian radicchio, fresh fennel endive, and tart sweet apple, all tossed with a light, ginger-enhanced vinaigrette. This is not a salad that can be made hours ahead of time, though. You can, however, prepare the vinaigrette and cut all the vegetables and toss them together just before serving. This slaw goes really well with the Simplest Pork Roast or any roasted poultry. It’s delicious piled onto a leftover sandwich.
1. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, and ginger together in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Season to taste as needed, and set aside.
2. Place the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the vegetables, and stir to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.