Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Some people like to add cinnamon to this particular ejjeh, a summertime favorite when zucchini are in season.
1. To extract water from the zucchini, place it in a colander and press it down against the perforated surface.
2. Combine the zucchini, eggs, onions, allspice, salt, and cinnamon, if desired, in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil sizzles upon contact with a droplet of water, drop 1 tablespoon of the egg batter into the pan. Flatten the mound of batter slightly with the back of a spoon. Continue adding as many mounds of the batter as the skillet will allow. Fry for 2 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain the fritters on paper towels. Repeat this process with the remaining batter, and if necessary, add more oil.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 6.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today